Monday, January 9, 2012

Slippers

At the end of last year I had a stint working at my beloved Joann Fabrics, so while worshiping at the alter of textiles I got to wander around the store thinking up different projects I could do. This project came along when I was putting away some patterns and stumbled upon one for these adorable slippers and thought, "Christmas Presents!" The hardest part in creating these (besides dealing with the fluffy lining) was finding and ordering the suede soles for the bottoms, the rest was just a blast! Needless to say my sisters loved them and I even made a pair for myself. If I make these again I think i will experiment in creating the soles myself with various materials, and I think I would probably put some strong interlining between the fabrics to make them more durable and have more structure.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment