Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Banners






I've made a lot of banners. They're all featured on my Etsy site, this is just a small taste so check the rest out there. I'm currently in the process of adding to and improving my Etsy shop, any suggestions would be welcome. For instance; my sister Grace says I should brighten some of my photos, so I plan to do that. I've been brain storming some new products for the shop, those slippers from my previous post might be a good option, although they're pretty costly to make and would need to sell a few things to get me started. So far my only banner "Customers" are the Lovely Jon and Annie Heaps, I gave it as a wedding present during their recent nuptials.

These Particular banners are made from burlap, stitched with yarn and then strung onto some jute to give it that shabby chic, back country look. All the lettering is hand painted and the individual flags, after being ironed, are lined with a an adhesive to keep it from fraying. I plan on making some new ones with a bunch of scrap fabric and binding I have, soon as I get the studio in my new home in working order. I have a thing for banners, they just make me happy. I think it's because they represent celebration, joy, community and childlike wonder. All those things that make my world go round. So please browse, purchase, suggest, and above all be inspired!

Do enjoy!

Leigh


No comments:

Post a Comment