Monday, April 11, 2011

Montrose Beach


Yesterday was the first day of the year the temperature rose above 80 degrees in Chicago. It was a Sunday so naturally everyone headed down to the beach. The entire 28 miles of Chicago's lake shore is park land with 33 Beaches and other assorted harbors, piers and golf courses. I live just down the street from Montrose Beach and Montrose Harbor which has volley ball courts, a skate park, a sledding hill, a Bird sanctuary, a pier and countless vendors and rent-able boats in the summer. So on this beautiful, sunny and windy day I decided to take a walk down to the shore to dip my toesies into the ice cold spring water, and when it's nice outside, whatever month is may be, Chicago come's out to play. As I entered the park, music playing in my ears, I started passing families playing, couples canoodling and kissing, Dogs flipping out, and I thought it'd all be a nice moment to try to capture and share, Chicago coming out of it's hole. There is something very redemptive about Spring in Chicago, something you can't experience in places like L.A., and I'm still trying to figure out if it holds some value as a human experience, but my feeling is that it does.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment